skip to Main Content
Back To Top
At SHUC, we are called to integrate and honour the ministry of children and youth in our congregation.
- We believe it is a privilege and a responsibility to accompany children and youth on their journey of faith and in their relationship with God.
- We strive to create an environment that is supportive of children, youth and their families.
- We provide opportunities for children and youth to deepen their relationship with God and to understand and live out the role as disciples of Jesus Christ.
Sunday worship for all ages…
- Infants and Toddlers – Birth to 30 months
- Parents can join our nursery caregiver, Emily Hou, in the chapel, or leave your children in this supervised and safe space and participate in worship.
- Children’s Group – 4 to 11 year olds
- Participate in an approach to children’s religious education called Godly Play, a wonderful and powerful way to tell the stories of faith.
- Participate in a multi-media program that explores our faith story through visual arts, drama, engineering and creative writing.
- Youth – Grade 7 and up
- Participate in TeenText, an interactive exploration of Christian practices for teens that includes diverse perspectives on everyday life.