The SHUC recycling program enables congregants to recycle more materials than are currently accepted in the curbside blue box. We can accept:
- Soft plastics such as bags or shrink wrap
- Polystyrene or polyethylene foam (styrofoam cups and food trays, foam packaging)
- Foil composites (potato chip bags, foil coffee bean bags, chicken stock tetra packs, tin foil, foil candy wrappers)
- Hard plastics (toys, DVD cases, cassette boxes)
SHUC Recycle Tips
- Material must be clean and completely free of other items like screws, pins or twist ties which cause materials to be rejected for recycling.
- Buy a collection bag for $5 from any member of the Lew-Fraser family. We will record your name and take back the bag when it is full. Your recycle bag will then be delivered to the recycle depot for you.
- Take your bag home today and start collecting!
Please contact the office for current drop-off times at 604-261-6377