Participating youngsters grow in faith through age-appropriate stories, games, visual arts, drama, and music.
From 4:30 pm to 6 pm, children are invited to participate in programs are tailored and offered for various age groups:
· CHILDREN – CREATIVE ZONE: An opportunity to deepen relationships with friends and deepen our faith together through creative games, activities, and meaningful conversations! Join us in the Lounge.
· YOUTH – A GATHERING PLACE : A place to challenge and wonder, a place where you belong because of your questions, energy, opinions and gifts, and a place to have fun, bring your whole self and explore what matters to you. Join us in the Library.
Take a break from your busy lives to connect with friends in a safe and fun environment. Ask Pamela about our Facebook group and calendar of events.
Families are invited to join us for a simple, delicious and healthy Tuesday dinner and our adult study group rounds out the evening.
Camp Spirit in the summer…
In cooperation with our sister churches of Dunbar United and Ryerson United, SHUC offers spirit-filled and stimulating week-long youth programs through the summer. See details at http://www.campspirit.ca
Annual Hazelton Connection…
Youth, young adults and adults take part each year in a joint program of intentional small group ministry in central BC. The Hazelton/Gitsegukla Connection enables participants to:
- Learn about Northern BC and Aboriginal communities.
- Support one another in a close-knit community.
- Actively participate in mission through efforts of reconciliation.
- Look for signs of God in unfamiliar places.
Our theme this year is 100 Acts of Love – shown in the generosity and love of our amazing hosts and through financial donations of SHUC congregation and friends.
Other social justice programs and events for young people…
- BC Youth Conference in November
- VANYAYA Conference in May and other monthly events
- The GoProject, a National Youth Outreach Initiative
- Faith Adventure Camps for local children and youth