Find yourself in the story of our faith and be motivated to act.
Be rejuvenated and inspired through prayer, word, reflection, preaching and music that soars from voices, organ, piano, guitar, bells and more.
Enjoy a cup of coffee or tea in the narthex at the back entrance of the sanctuary before the worship service at 10:00 a.m.
Our church facilities are fragrance-free, in consideration of those with environmental sensitivities.
Children, Youth and Families are welcome…
- Infants and Toddlers – Birth to 30 months
- Parents can join our nursery caregiver in the chapel, or leave their children in this supervised and safe space and participate in worship.
- Preschool – Grade 3
- Participate in an approach to children’s religious education called Godly Play, a wonderful and powerful way to tell the stories of faith.
- Children – Grade 4 to 6
- Participate in a multi-media program that explores our faith story through visual arts, drama, engineering and creative writing.
- Youth – Grade 7 and up
- Participate in A Way to Live, an interactive exploration of Christian practices for teens with diverse perspectives on everyday life.
After worship connection…
Enjoy time with one another over refreshments in the hall. About once a month, a Soup and Bun Lunch is served with cash donations going to support Youth Outreach, the Choir, and the Caring and Sharing Fund.
Occasional Second Hour events are held after worship on Sundays to learn about and discuss topics raised in worship or other subjects of interest to people in our congregation. Check the Calendar for information.
Worship anytime anywhere…
Shaughnessy Heights United Church has a YouTube account where we share exciting new content and many of our sermons. We invite you to explore this new format of worship when you are unable to attend a service. Our most recent uploads are linked below for your convenience. For older content please visit our YouTube channel, SHUC Admin.